Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It was a great Cinco De Mayo!

I always have bad holidays. I am so glad I can report this one was a thousand percent better. Yes Ro had work and school but it went well. Ro's work had a chile cookoff. I was very very nervous about entering as I have never made green chile. So I googled and googled and found a decent sounding recipe and pondered what else could I add. I got up and cooked the chile the day before. Ro took it into work and entered us into the green chile category. Noone knew it was his. Noone had any questions but from what Ro tells me they took second and thirds. I am proud to announce this family won the green chile contest. Now next year I have to defend my title.

Ro had a funniest sombrero contest at school for 10 credit to the snack bar. We pondered and I bought a sombrero the other day at the dollar tree. In light of swine flu being recently in the News and its supposed origin from Mexico we decided to poke a little fun at it. I found my daughters fur real pig and tied him on. He squels so this made it even more hillarious. The hat appeared a little bare so I looked in the cabinets. I found some hand sanitizer and tylenol and attached that to the opposite side. Ro brought home a facemask and disposible gloves. We attached them and prayed for the best. Our Swine Flu Survivors hat won from the whole school. I am very proud of both of us.

At Roana's school there was a Cinco de Mayo festival. There were pinatas, face painting, crafts and free food. We went and watched the Mexican Dancers and ate chipotle. I had a blast.

I wish every day could be Cinco de Mayo. It was awesome this year.

2 Comments / Comentarios:

~Mo~ said...

Wow, Congrats to Both of You!!

Heather said...

Yeah i love this post! What an awesome day!
-h