Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Joy, My Son

Ever since we had our daughter in December of 2000 we dreamed of having 2 or 3 children. We tried very hard when she turned 2 to start conceiving again. My mother passed in September of 2004 and I mourned her death accordingly. I prayed to God to bless me with another child and went on living life. I was working as a customer service tech for Virgin Mobile when I was shopping with my SIL. We where discussing a mutaul friend of ours who discovered she was pregnant. I thought back in my dates and realized I was late. By a week or so. The day was September 10th 2005. It was 1 year exactly to the day that I had lost my mother. No way in 5 years was there a way I pregnant. It could not have been the one time in Vegas could it have been? I stopped at Walmart and picked up an equate pregnancy test. I came home quickly and ran to the bathroom. I peed on the stick and instantly the test came back. I was pregnant. I screamed and jumped up and down. I scared my poor daughter who could only imagine something was wrong. I picked up the phone and called my husband and tried to tell him our news. He was on the phone with a customer and would have to call me back. Instead I called my sil and told her. Eventually my hubby called back and he was just as thrilled as me.

My first doctors appointment was when I was 12 weeks. I was so excited to hear its heart. I still remember my first ultrasound. The tech could not tell me what I was having lol. She said I was not far enough along. I cried and cried and everyone thought something was wrong. I was a train wreck.
4 weeks later my doctor sent me in to the lab again to check the chambers and my son proudly displayed his bits for both me and my husband to see. I cried again but this time from tears of joy.
The pregnancy progressed fast and I was put on bed rest because of my high blood pressure. I lost my job and stayed at home with my wonderful daughter.

On April 21st I was scheduled to be induced due to my PIH. I woke up at 6 a.m. to get ready and called the hospital to verify my room. To my surprise all the rooms were full. I began to sob. Rog took me in and had them listen to the baby's heart and we came home. They said they would call me when a room opened up. We ran around and did a few more errands and at about 1:30 the call came. My dh and I dropped dd off at my sister in laws and raced to the hospital so I wouldn't lose my room again.They then started my ivs because I was GBS+ I won't lie the penacillon burned my veins but it was worth it to get a healthy baby. At 5 they came in and started another round of medication and then hooked up the oxytocin. I was checked and I was 3 cm and 70 effaced with baby at -1 station. They took their time and turned up my pitocin slowly. At around 10 I was 6-7 cms dialated. I asked for some iv meds. They tried to talk me into an epidural but declined as I wanted full control of my body. I will be honest with you all those meds for me only really worked with the first dose. The baby was now at 0 station. I was estatic. An hour later I was in excruciating pain. My pitocin was turned up to about 12. The contractions were killing me and Rog was suggesting I get the epi. I still refused. I just asked for a lil more meds. Finally after about 6 hrs of labor at 1:24 a.m on the 22nd. I woke up and screamed at my dh to grab someone anyone as I had to get rid of this pain. My midwife came in and checked me and hollered into the hallway its time to get this baby out. By now I am so exhausted as I have been awake for almost 20 hrs. I keep telling the midwife I cant do it. She then told me susan he is right there you gotta push. I honestly felt like kicking her in the head. Finally I realized I wanted to see my lil miracle. And I beared down. The midwife was very encouraging and surprisingly he popped out at 1:42 am in the morning and was looking around. i had only pushed 12 minutes.He wasa beautiful baby very well behaved. He had clear gray eyes and curly dark brown hair. He was 6 lbs 12 ozs and measured in at a shocking 21 inches long. He had long fingers and will probally be a sports player. When we left the hospital he was weighing 6 lbs 7 ozs.We also ended up naming him Rogelio Andrey (Awn-dree) and I call him Ro-N

So there is his story. It has been 2 years now and I honestly cannot imagine life without him. He is annoying at times but he is my son. Enjoy these pictures through these last 2 years.


1 Comments / Comentarios:

Momto3LittleFlowers said...

It has been great to be part of his first 2 years of life... I remember most of those pictures!! He sure have grown a lot!
Also, you got mail.