Monday, April 20, 2009

I am Latina (Well At least I can cook like one)

I have mastered my husbands favorite foods now. First was Menudo. Then Mole. Then Tamales. Now I have mastered Enchiladas Potosinas. I first attempted them yestersday and they turned out pretty good. Today I decided to play with the recipe a little bit and OMG I am in heaven. These are authentic and I made them from memory instead of a recipe online.

I love cooking and thinking I did this. I made these and have them actually being edible is amazing. I love the fact that my children are growing up embracing these foods their daddy grew up with and that their mom can do it. I love taking care of my family and raising all of them

Here is the recipe for anyone who feels like attempting them.

Enchiladas Potosinas:
4 cups masa mix (Maseca)
1 package of dried chile (I used Ancho Pasilla)
1 pound queso fresca (seperated)
Pinch of salt Water
Oil of choice
Beans
Avacado
Onion

Boil the chiles for approximately 15 minutes. Let cool and run in blender. Drain chile through strainer into large bowl. Add maseca until firm and salt to taste. Take approximately 1 inche of dough and form into ball. Press into a tortilla press until flat. Scoop a tbps or two of cheese in middle. Pinch closed and continue process until all masa and cheese is gone. Heat 2 inches of oil in pan. I used olive oil because that is what I had on hand. Put the enchilada in and cook until crispy almost 3-4 minutes. Drain enchilada on paper towel and prep the avacado by slicing. Serve with avacado, chopped onion and refried beans. A meal all can enjoy and as I say a little peice of heaven. Hope someone enjoys my recipe. I am very pleased. I love learning new things and I know my family is loving watching mommy cook again.





3 Comments / Comentarios:

Anonymous said...

omg that looks so tasty !!!!! my mouth is watering...i might have to try this recipe

~Mo~ said...

Mmmm, Sounds really good, I will have to try these! I Love cooking mexican food also, got most of it down, just not the rice! anyway thank you for sharing your recipe!!

Heather said...

Looks great!
-h