Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Do not panic before you know the whole story, I did but I have learned.

I was not going to post about this but well I feel compelled too.Yesterday afternoon I looked down on my floor under my door and a business card is laying on the floor with the words "please call, thanks" on it. I thought it was just another cable company or someone of the sorts. I flipped it over and read three dreaded words..."Department of Human Services, Child Intake". My heart stopped. I know sometimes I am not the perfect mother and I try to stick to myself but someone finally called on this less then perfect mommy. The time was 445 pm so I ran to the phone and started making phone calls. I got the voicemail so I was stuck waiting all night for the call back.

Today I woke up and it was 5 am. I had nightmares of my son dying, my son being taken away and me being in jail. I was so terrified as I watched the clock tick down to 800 am.

The phone rang and rang. Finally at 1030 am I got ahold of the caseworker. My heart stopped when she asked to verify the address the card was for. She replied "no that card was not meant for you." She then told me to disregard the card and she knew she would never deal with me again as I am a good mom on top of things. I hung up the phone and sobbed tears of relief. I am a good mom and I just need to be more attentive.

I also found out the beauty of one of my boards. When this happened I went into panic mode. I ran to that room as I know at night it is most active. When I was there the ladies wished my child gone into cps. They told me I was a bad mother and that I was lying. I wish I was not but I posted there to get assurance and advice. I pray they never have to go through this.

Lil Ro is safe. He is with his mama and we are doing daily activities. I think this was God's way of smacking me in the face and saying you asked for him, he is here, now be more active. I actually enjoy getting out with him and you know I am going to keep it up. We all sleep better at night and he is less energetic. Thanks for listening and as always enjoy todays escapade.








7 Comments / Comentarios:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... that board wasn't the BBC Bargain Hunter board was it???

Wow, that would be scary! I would have panicked, too. I'm so glad for you it was a false alarm because I've heard the CPS process is stressful and scary. :)

Take care of yourself! Keep enjoying your days with your baby boy! How long time Roana is home?

Susan Lechuga said...

LoL how did you know? I requested that those post be deleted. They were very ugly towards the end. You still love me right? Promise I am not a troll...this is the true me.

Anonymous said...

oh susan mama i was gonna post on the update thread but i figured since meagan had already been tagged as you i wouldnt stir the pot lol....there have been times ive wanted to post on there cause it is the most active but then i remember if youre not a regualr youre deemed a troll or you get flamed til no end and u make it on the mdu lol....lesson learned never post on there again lol

Anonymous said...

Hey, not sure if you read myspace or not yet but Carrie passed at 9pm wensday evening. I will be attending her funeral on saturday and will let you know how that goes. after tomorrow my phone will be off, we are moving friday and getting a new number so I will call to give it to you.
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Of course I still love you - besides, I haven't been on BBC in over a week!! =D I just know how evil that board can be sometimes.

Heather said...

Dont stress what strangers write! You know your a good mom and thats all that matters. It is great of you to use it as a wake up call, there are many signs that God gives us and this was just one! I am glad everyone is happier now and sleeping better, lol!

-h

Susan Lechuga said...

Brenda: Yea it was so not worth it. I should have waited to morning and then asked advice. I deleted those dang threads and am on the down low right now. Thank goodness all is ok now.

Carrie: Got your number. I will call you in a little bit.

Heather: I would not wish that on my worst enemy. I was getting sick from the stress and everything. I hope noone else ever has to go through an false alarm like that ever again.