Thursday, July 3, 2008

Today I recieved a sign

My family is going through so much right now. I was feeling really down today and questioning my parenting skills. My daughter is sick and I was stubborn so now we are paying for it. I question a lot why God is putting me through all he has in my life. Why did he take my mom? Why did he make my father resent me? Why did he make my family hate my husband. I was thinking a lot when we pulled into a parking lot. The lightning flashed and the thunder rumbled. Quite fitting for my mood. I then looked to the right of me and saw this:

I then thought of this verse I learned in church: Genesis 9:13-15

13: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

15 and I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.


I think it was God's way of reminding me he will not give me more then I can handle. He will not let me suffer or fail. I will get through this if I keep all faith in him. Yes right now it is rough but through him I will become a stronger wife and mother. I really need to find a church and I think my daughter getting sick was the wake up call I needed.

We may go to denver tomorrow and spend some time with my sister in law. One day soon hopefully I can tell you all that is going on but for now keep us in your prayers.

By the way. I made up with my sister. She called me in the hospital sobbing. I told her I will talk to her however the moment her husband does or says anything inappopriate I will cut them off again. Noone and I mean noone hurts me or my family again. Have a great night all.

3 Comments / Comentarios:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog from time to time and I'm a Blak women married to a Mexican man. I will keep you in my prayers and as long as you keep God first everything will work out for the best. God has a plan for everybody's life and things happen for a reason. I usually don't respond to things online but I felt as if God wanted to tell you this.

3LittleFlowers said...

That is just awesome!!!

And Im really happy that you made up with your sis... You really need that relationship and so do Roana and Ro-N....

Hope Roana is feeling better!!

Heather said...

I always believe in signs and i am glad you found one. As for family... our immediate family always comes first, Dont ever feel bad about that!! your always in our prayers girl!
-h